Supertots Educational Services
Hours of Operations:
Supertots Educational Center is open for service from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. We offer extended daycare from 6:00 p.m. to 7:30p.m. for a separate fee.
The spirit of our center is its enriching curriculum. It is a theme-based integrated, curriculum implemented in wide range of ways appropriate for the children's age and their specific needs. Our curriculum is based on the High Scope model. Children construct their own knowledge of the world with the support of intentional teachers who shape and encourage their individual learning experiences. Teachers build on children’s learning by planning activities based on what they observe in the classroom, providing materials and opportunities that both support and challenge young children. Children make their own discoveries and build their own initiatives by creating plans, following through on their intentions, and reflecting on their learning. This Plan-Do-Review process is a trademark of the HighScope approach and the strategic backbone for children and adults moving successfully through life. This unique dynamic of shared control between the child and adult lays the groundwork to actively engage young children in learning and helps children build essential school readiness skills.
The arrangement of the learning environment affects almost everything the children do. It affects children's choices, their planning, their use of materials, and their relationship with their peers and staff. At supertots Educational Center we believe that children learn best in a stimulating but ordered environment in which they can make choices and act upon them. Therefore, our classrooms are divided in well-defined working areas with appropriate and locally organized materials the children can use independently.
Classroom Work Areas:
- Toys Area - Children develop eye-hand coordination and fine motor skills while using manipulatives.
- Art Area - Where the children nurture creative perception and self-expression through art.
- Listening Area - Children start to explore the world of technology by using simple programs that are appropriate for their age.
- Dramatic Play/Dress-up Area - Children represent real people using a variety of costumes and their imagination.
- Writing Area- Children will explore writing materials, such as chalk, pencils and dry erase boards.
- House Area - Children develop a positive self-image as they understand and explore feelings of self and others.
- Science Area - Children develop natural sense of wonder and curiosity; they employ their five senses to develop an understanding of scientific principles through multi-sensory experiences and the teacher's use of open-ended questions.
- Block Area - Children develop a sense of space, shape and size while building with wooden and cardboard blocks in various shapes and sizes.
- Library Area - Children develop a love for books and reading that they children will start reading independently.
- Sand and Water Area - Children increase fine motor skills; develop creativity and sense for measurement through play.
- Music Area - Children develop appreciation for music and visual self-expression while exploring multicultural music.
How We Teach Our Students:
In a HighScope preschool program, teachers ignite children’s interest in learning by creating an environment that encourages them to explore learning materials and interact with adults and peers. We focus on supporting early learners as they make decisions, build academic skills, develop socially and emotionally, and become part of a classroom community. Active learning is at the center of the HighScope Curriculum. It’s the foundation of young children gaining knowledge through their natural play and interactions with the environment, events, and other people.